Once the Viceroy family residence of Prince Boun Khong, this rare, graceful house marries both Lao and French colonial architecture. The elements, taken from the colonial architecture, include large-scale openings with upright lintels and arches. Decoration of the roof ridges and fretwork are some of the most remarkable in Luang Prabang with double portals or rose windows that echo the traditional Lao architectural style. The original construction was completed in 1923 with renovations in 1946 & 1954. In 2010 the renovation of the villa was carried out in accordance with strict UNESCO stipulations.